Thursday, May 18, 2006

Eve of Tech

Great rehearsal yesterday. Lisa was confirming blocking/choreography for a particular scene in the 2nd act.
Most elements were sketchily in place ....and there was this moment I fell in love with.
It's not a moment that I wrote...
but one created by the collaboration of acting, directing, lights, set, and sound...

Cleaned up one more scene yesterday as well...via writing.
It wasn't making sense, even for me...and I freakin' wrote the damn thing.

*sigh*

There is still a feeling of operating with my eyes closed because I can't see the whole, i can only see the piece...and until I get an audience in that theatre... i won't be able to see a thing. I was told that during preview week (which is next week) there is usually non-stop rewriting going on... There seems to have been non-stop rewrites going on as is. The cast has been great in keeping up, amazing in fact. We're not talking brand new scenes, rewrites...we're talking about "move this line here, and this now becomes three lines...insert pause...blah blah blah" ... just big enough to change the beat as needed, and just small enough to mess with the memory recall.

I, of course, would like to be done. I'd like to be finished. I'd like to say the play is perfect.
No more is needed.
And as long as i'm dreaming, i'd like a pony.

Check out my interview printed in this week's Creative Loafing.

I'd like to say that I am not so sure I agree with the first line of the article...
Nope. Not at all.
I have had people ask me if I feel that I'm getting more exposure since 9/11...
How would I know?
How can I know?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice, though too-brief, interview. You make a good point about CL's seemingly obligatory reference to 9/11 and I added a wordy rant to that effect in the comments. Hope it wasn't too over the top.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home