Monday, April 24, 2006

First day.

Today is the first day of rehearsals.
All weekend has been filled with nothing but furious rewriting and a seeking for detachment...so I can finally see this thing.

Gave Lisa an aneurysm on Friday when I completely restructured the script.

Yep. Told you it was taking every fiber to just do edits and slight touch ups.
Never. NEVER leave me alone with a script for more than 2 days.

"SUEHYLA! WHAT DID YOU DO?"
"I don't know. I just thought i'd try this..."
"You can't TRY ANYTHING anymore!!"
"Oh."

It did help, though. It's a good thing that God makes things easy for me because i'm really good at making them difficult on my own.

And here we are.

Yesterday was an 11 hour writing fest. Scrutinizing every moment to make sure it does flow into the next.

I am so happy today.
No. The script isn't completed not to be touched anymore...
That's not the point.
The point is that I didn't notice the time yesterday 'til my stomach had a full conversation with me...outside of my body.

I'm somewhere else today. Just watching...but so excited for this play.
Right now, feel like i've hung out with Hadia ...listening to her life story...
instead of having possibly lived it. *smile*
She and I have a lot in. common. She's ok with me. *smile*
I love her family though.

It's not my script anymore but something that I need to help get ready for its purpose.

I moved out of the way, thank God. I'm not in the way. There's no 2nd guessing editor in my head telling me that I need a whole new play.
There's only...
*grin*
There's only the Matrix.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really looking forward to seeing the result of all this work! I'm hoping for a huge, happy audience May 26. Love, BK

4:37 PM  
Blogger The Perfect Prayer said...

Me, too!! Thank you!!!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home